Sunday, August 12, 2012

Stress free Sunday

Today is a joyous day and it's time to celebrate it by just having me pat on my shoulders. I woke at around 4:30 in the morning and went off straight to the tennis court to play and exercise. Since players abound the premises and courts are occupied with tennis players with their on going match, I ordered a cup of coffee, flex my legs and stretch my hamstrings so as to keep away from injuries.

Court number two had finished their game and it's our time to play. It was a tight match and it ended with the score of 8 to 5, making us the winner. At around 9:30, we are scheduled for another game with a different opponent, this time our adversaries are a force to reckon with. They have been the defending champion in lasts years mens open. It was again a tight match and every set point would entail four to five duces making the game more tedious and grueling. Set backs and unforced errors of both teams tied the score at eight all making it dead even.

To make the game more exciting, the referee decided to have a slide two. The game continued to around 10:45 making every player exhausted from the sun's heat. Once again the match was to tight and not one team would want to give up from retrieving the shots made by both.

My mind was willing to play but my body was starting to break and give up, hence my instict was far more determined to finish and win the game. By 12:02 the game was finished and we came out the victor. Exhausted in a way, but releive by defeating a strong opponent.

It was a stress free Sunday and it came out to be for I gave it my all. I played like I never played before and as if I went back in time during my younger years when I competed in age group tournaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment